Shamwari Private Game Reserve is home to two unique luxury tent accommodation offerings. They are well-suited to meet different travellers’ holiday needs from family havens to romantic getaways and glamping paradises.
Why Choose a Game Reserve for Your Holiday Safari?
There are hundreds of reasons for us to convince you to go on holiday to a game reserve (private or national), but the one that tops it all is the safari experience. At Shamwari, you can be sure that the safari experience is second to none. You’ll get to make lifelong memories with your loved ones, whilst marvelling at Africa’s wonderful creatures. Coupled with the most luxurious accommodation options, a safari holiday here will be hard to beat.
By staying at Shamwari Private Game Reserve you are participating in an immensely successful conservation project, which put a stop to the negative impact of human activity and returned 25 000 hectares to the rich biodiversity for which the region was once renowned.
The Luxury Tent Camping Options Available to You:
At Shamwari, there are three intriguing glamping options available to you. The first option is for travellers who love being adventurous, those that enjoy hiking and exploring on foot.
The second option is for travellers wanting to experience thrilling safaris in a pristine, tranquil spot and the third is for honeymooners or couples wanting an escape to a romantic, secluded paradise.
The Explorer Camp: An African Glamping Experience
The Explorer Camp is one of the most adventurous ways of experiencing Shamwari’s natural wonders. Booking your stay here allows guests to go on professionally guided walks of the surrounding land, so you can get up close and personal with nature.
During these walks, our experienced guides share their extensive knowledge. Learn more about the history and culture of the region, the diverse flora, abundant insect and birdlife, as well as the many animals, large and small, you will encounter.
To fully experience this back-to-nature adventure, requires guests to book a minimum 2-night trail, operational Tuesdays and Wednesdays, and Fridays and Saturdays with an optional 3rd night (Sundays) on request. The camp operates from October to May in South Africa’s summer months.
Camping Facilities include
- Viewing deck – Showcasing one of the most magnificent views the reserve has to offer
- Plunge pool – A gorgeous plunge pool for guests to take a dip in after an insightful bushwalk
- Dining and lounge tent – Where guests can relax, share meals and a drink
The Explorer Glamping Tents
The Explorer Camp consists of 3 tents, making it an ideal holiday accommodation option for an active group of friends or a family.
This camp is discreetly fenced in for safety reasons but retains a true explorer ambience. The tents are placed nearby without encroaching on the other tents’ privacy. Each tent is simplistically yet comfortably equipped with all the modern amenities required to add extra ambience and comfort. All tents include the following:
- Two single beds (king convertible)
- En-suite bathroom with shower
- LED light for night-time use
- Guest amenities include insect repellent, shower gel and shampoo, as well as other essentials
Click here to book your luxury camping safari in South Africa at Shamwari’s Explorer Camp.
Sindile Luxury Tented Camp
Sindile, Shamwari’s newly built luxury tented camp, is the perfect escape for honeymooners. This tented camp is a secluded luxury getaway, situated deep within the African bushveld.
Named for the matriarch of Shamwari’s leopards, the camp consists of just nine luxurious tents. It’s set deep in the bush, on a ridge, providing excellent vantages over the Bushman’s River and surrounding plains. This is luxury camping at its finest.
Luxury Camping Facilities include:
- Reception and lounge – Experience out of this world views
- Gift boutique – You can buy a keepsake to take home or gifts for your loved ones
- Dining room with fireplace – Featuring outstanding views of the surrounding plains
- Bar and lounge with fireplace and big-screen television – For ultimate relaxation
- Deck with firepit – Where you can sit and simply enjoy being outdoors
- Boma – Where you can experience traditional South African cuisine under a starry sky
- Relaxation Retreat – Where you can treat yourself to a spa treatment after a thrilling game drive
- Wi-Fi – To keep you connected with your loved ones back home
The Luxury Tents
- Air conditioning
- Electronic safe
- En-suite bathroom with a bath and shower
- Fitted international adapters
- Indoor fireplace
- International dial telephone
- Lounge area
- Nespresso coffee machine
- Outdoor shower
- Private deck with a lounging area underneath a pergola
- Private heated plunge pool
- Private minibar
Click here to book your luxury camping safari in South Africa at Sindile.
So, if you’re looking for a glamping or luxury camping holiday, look no further than Shamwari in South Africa’s scenic Eastern Cape Province.