Shamwari Game Reserve is one of the most successful private conservation initiatives in Southern Africa coupled with responsible tourism and the most luxurious means of experiencing your African safari adventure. Situated in the Eastern Cape, South Africa, Shamwari Game Reserve is the malaria-free, safari holiday you’ve been searching for. Accommodating family, friends or business associates, our facilities, coupled with our spectacular location and passion for the environment, make this an unforgettable destination.
Stay with Us
Shamwari Game Reserve incorporates 6 luxury lodges, all of which are 5 star graded. Each one has its’ own unique energy and essence, designed in harmony with their surroundings, where guests can experience nature in supreme comfort.
- Eagles Crag Lodge –Surrounded by imposing mountain cliffs, this lodge boasts elegant ambience amid nature’s beauty. Each suite, a secluded haven to unwind in sheer comfort.
- Lobengula Lodge – An exclusive Villa tucked away in the valley bushveld, ideal for a private tailor-made safari experience.
- Bayethe Tented Lodge –Offering the ultimate in luxury tented accommodation, these designer tents are shrouded by rich vegetation providing privacy and seclusion.
- Long Lee Manor –Refined elegance from a bygone era, offering colonial style accommodation and overlooking magnificent plains teeming with wildlife.
- Riverdene Family Lodge – Warm and welcoming child friendly accommodation, which includes luxury amenities and our ‘Kids on Safari’ programme.
- Sarili Family Lodge – Overlooking the Bushman’s River and scenic plains, this lodge offers contemporary comfort, ideally suited to families, groups and friends.
We pride ourselves and our actions in conserving a vanishing way of life. Join us for a once in a lifetime experience to empower, engage and educate yourself with our conservation efforts at one of our awareness centres.
- Ian Player Rhino Awareness Centre – An educational awakening about the plight of a rapidly depleting species, and what we can do to help.
- Born Free Big Cat Sanctuary – A public awareness and rescue effort aimed at shining a light on the circumstances of wild animals confined in impoverished, captive environments.
- Wildlife Rehabilitation Centre – A first-hand encounter with our passionate on-site vets, who care for young, injured and abandoned animals, which are to be re-released back into the wild.