Why a Shamwari Corporate Retreat Is One of the Best Year-End Function Ideas for Small Groups
2021 has proven to be another extraordinary year. Businesses large and small had to continue adapting to the ever-changing COVID-19 lockdown levels, rules and regulations. It’s no wonder that most employees are looking forward to a well-deserved break.
Help your whole team beat the end of year slump or, if your company’s on the larger side, reward your top performers with a truly special end of year event. Treat them to a grand corporate retreat at Shamwari.
Now, you may be asking yourself: “Why should I consider Shamwari as a unique year-end function idea?” Because:
- It’s so much more interesting than the usual office party – employees often don’t look forward to year-end functions because they can become repetitive. When the same catering, venue and speeches are repeated yearly, there’s nothing to look forward to anymore. Thrill your employees with a refreshingly different take on the year-end function.
- A majority of office parties centre around the consumption of alcohol. Now, alcohol may be a perfectly good form of entertainment for some but it definitely doesn’t appeal to everyone. Non-drinkers may feel that the event has nothing to occupy their interest. A visit to Shamwari should appeal to all employees. Morning and afternoon game drives, sundowners, guided bush walks and spa treatments are only some of the activities to look forward to.
- Well-looked after, happy employees are productive employees. A little bit of pampering goes a long way when it comes to boosting morale. Leave your employees feeling that they are, without a doubt, valued and appreciated. A day or two spent away from the office, surrounded by luxury, is sure to get the message across.
- Our accommodation is limited and exclusive, lending itself to exclusive use bookings. Have all of your valued employees stay at the same Shamwari safari lodge. This makes it the ideal year-end function venue, where close-knit teams can spend time together, away from work – bonding, team-building and generally enjoying themselves.
- The weather in the region is a blend of subtropical and Mediterranean. Summer temperatures usually range between 16-36ºC, with extremes being a rarity. Guests can expect pleasant weather when they pay a visit at the end of the year. Also: did we mention that Shamwari is situated in a malaria-free zone?
Now that you know why a corporate retreat to Shamwari is one of the best year-end function ideas for small groups, discover what the exceptional venues and facilities are like.
Shamwari Features the Perfect Year-End Function Venues
It’s time to reunite with colleagues in the flesh for the end of year office bash and what better way to do so than with Shamwari’s Corporate Package offering?
As our country and its businesses continue to deal with the effects of COVID-19, we’ve reviewed and reimagined the Shamwari conference and corporate retreat experiences. Our year-end function venues are the perfect spaces for colleagues to reconnect and engage after months of having to deal with Zoom meetings, working from home and more. The isolated nature of our reserve lends itself to social distancing. We offer a safe environment for you and your team to come together thanks to our natural surroundings and wide-open spaces.
Shamwari is easily accessible, with flights available to the Chief Dawid Stuurman International Airport from Durban, Cape Town and Johannesburg. The reserve is also less than an hour’s drive away from the city of Gqeberha.
What Shamwari Has to Offer in Terms of Our Corporate Package Year-End Function Venues
- 18 premier private suites at the splendid Long Lee Manor.
- Access to the reserve’s historic Barn, which dates back all the way to 1906. It has been refurbished and brought into the modern age, now acting as the ideal meeting space for corporate events. The Barn can comfortably accommodate as many as 50 individuals. Different room setups are possible, depending on your needs, including banquet, cinema, classroom and u-shape layouts.
- Complimentary use of the aforementioned Barn when you make either an incentive or conference booking for 10 or more people.
- Fast, free Wi-Fi.
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner, all game drive refreshments, as well as hot drinks (teas and coffees, served in the mornings and afternoons).
Those interested in our Corporate Package will also have access to the following features and amenities:
- A sound system
- A data projector and drop-down screen
- A refreshment station for serving teas, coffees and snacks
- Pens and writing pads
- Whiteboards and flip charts
For more information on our Corporate Package, be sure to download the brochure.
Long Lee Manor isn’t the only accommodation option on the reserve suitable for corporate functions and getaways. The lovely Sarili Private Lodge is another fine option to consider. Discover what both of these game lodges have to offer.
Shamwari Year-End Function Ideas: Book a Stay at Long Lee Manor
Long Lee Manor features gorgeous Edwardian-style suites, as well as a serene rim-flow swimming pool. Guests are surrounded by the reserve’s sprawling plains, where wildlife love to roam. It’s an elegant safari lodge with plenty of unique features and amenities to offer its guests.
Long Lee Manor’s shared facilities include:
- A gift boutique
- A Relaxation Retreat spa, complete with 3 treatment rooms
- A fitness centre
- A boma that overlooks the nearby watering hole
- Indoor, as well as outdoor dining facilities
- And more
There are 18 luxurious rooms/units at your disposal:
- 1x 2-bedroom Family Suite, complete with its own living room and private plunge pool – this unit can sleep up to 4 adults, as well as 2 children.
- 2x Manor House Suites, both of which are located upstairs and enjoy private balcony access.
- 4x inter-leading Garden Rooms, all of which have access to private verandas.
- 11x Plains Rooms that all have access to their own outdoor shower and veranda – 2x rooms are inter-leading, 1x of which is wheelchair-friendly.
Every Long Lee Manor room/unit also comes with the following:
- An en-suite bathroom, featuring both a bathtub and shower
- A Nespresso coffee machine
- A minibar
- A TV featuring select satellite channels
- And more
Shamwari Year-End Function Ideas: Book a Stay at Sarili Private Lodge
Sarili Private Lodge is situated on the Bushman’s River’s banks, overlooking both this great river and the beautiful Shamwari plains. It’s a safari lodge where the African wilderness begins right beyond your doorstep. You and your employees can sit back and relax on the deck as members of the Big 5 wander by.
Up to 10 guests can stay at Sarili Private Lodge at any given time. It’s modern and boasts world-class amenities, ensuring guests never want to return to reality. Exclusive use of this lodge means your stay will be tailored to meet your group’s exact needs: from guided walks and game drives to meals.
The Sarili Private Lodge exclusive use offer and facilities include, but aren’t limited to, the following:
- Access to a personal staff – i.e. a house manager, housekeeper, private chef and game ranger/guide
- A laundry service
- In-room spa treatments – available upon request
- Game drives and bush walks led by your dedicated game ranger/guide
- And more
There are 5 premium bedrooms total, each of which has access to amenities including:
- Access to a private balcony or patio
- An en-suite bathroom, complete with shower, bathtub and underfloor heating
- Air conditioning
- Coffee and tea making facilities
- A TV with select satellite channels
- And more
Don’t Delay – Book Your Preferred Shamwari Year-End Function Venue Today
Whether you prefer Long Lee Manor, Sarili Private Lodge or want to enquire about another option, be sure to get in touch with the Shamwari Reservations Department. Either call +27(0) 42 203 111, email us at [email protected] or send a message via our website.
December is just around the corner, so you’d better act fast to avoid disappointment – book your year-end function today!