Privacy and Cookies Policy
Shamwari Game Reserve is committed to protecting and respecting the privacy of all guests and potential guests with whom we interact, and from whom we may receive personal information.
This privacy and cookies policy sets out the basis on which any personal information we collect from you (like, for example, your name and contact details), will be processed by us.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
In the course of any visit to our site, booking or enquiry, or stay at any of our hotels, we may collect and process the following information about you:
- your name;
- your identity or passport number;
- your contact details, including your physical and/or email address;
- non-personal browsing habits and click patterns;
- relevant IP address.
We will own and retain all rights to non-personal statistical information collected and compiled by us, which may incorporate your de-identified personal information.
IP ADDRESSES AND COOKIES
We may collect information about your computer, including, where available, your IP address, operating system, and browser type, for purposes of system administration and to report aggregate information to our service providers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and cannot be linked to an individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalized service. They enable us:
- to estimate our audience size and usage pattern;
- to store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customize our site according to your individual interests;
- to speed up your searches;
- to recognize you when you return to our site.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
The information that we collect from you may be transferred to and stored at, a destination outside South Africa. It may also be processed by staff operating outside South Africa who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Such staff maybe engaged in, among other things the processing of your booking and payment and the provision of support services. By submitting your personal information, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your information is treated securely and in accordance with this policy.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- to notify you about changes to our service.
We may also use your information, or (with your permission) permit selected third parties to use your information, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these by email, SMS, post or telephone.
If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means with information about services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you.
If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your information, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal information to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if any of our shares or assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal information held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets;
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Booking terms and conditions or terms and conditions of supply and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of our business our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your information) if we intend to use your information for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your information. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at [email protected].
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy and cookies policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal information to these websites.
ACCESS TO YOUR INFORMATION
You may at any time request confirmation of your personal information that is held by us.