Whether you’re hosting a bar mitzvah, a birthday party, or even your own retreat, Shamwari Game Reserve is ready to welcome you. Situated in a malaria-free area of the Eastern Cape, South Africa, this African getaway is the 5-star venue for hire you’ve been looking for.
Get it All
As Shamwari Game Reserve is a full-service establishment, you can rest assured that your guests are looked after. With a kitchen filled with trained chefs, high-quality ingredients, and 5-star expectations, your catering options are taken care of. Additionally, if you’re looking to have an overnight event, we have several options for accommodation on offer too.
In addition to the rolling landscapes, supreme service, and an abundance of wild animals, Shamwari offers three areas in which you can host your event. Furthermore, at an extra cost you can treat your guests to the sights, sounds, and surrounds of our location with the following activities:
- Game drives – Whether you opt for a morning or evening trip, you can get close to the wildlife that live on the reserve. From the comfort of your open vehicle, you can spot the Big 5, hear birds of prey, and see several other spectacular creatures in their element.
- Nature walks – A resident game ranger can take you and your party on an explorative hike through the land. On this guided tour, you can expect a host of information coupled with the footprints, fauna, and animal dwellings you’ll see along the way.
- Spa – From massages and facials to hand and foot rituals, you can unwind looking out onto the natural setting of Shamwari Game Reserve. Best of all, we also offer saunas, hydro baths, steam rooms, and a gym to accommodate an array of preferences.
Best of all, we also have three education facilities on sight, namely:
- The Ian Player Rhino Awareness Centre
- The Born Free Big Cat Sanctuary
- The Wildlife Rehabilitation Centre
A Wild Experience
If you’re looking to wow your guests, choose a setting that’s filled to the brim with natural wonders, 5-star service and elegant amenities.
Book Shamwari Game Reserve as your next venue for an African inspired adventure to remember.
For African safari inspired corporate events, look no further than Shamwari Game Reserve. You and your delegates can conduct your business in our top-quality facilities, whilst staying at our 5-star, luxury accommodation.
Tranquil Thinking Space
If you’re looking to host high profile clients, or treat your employees to a conference with a difference, this is the ideal place. Shamwari Game Reserve has 3 spaces on offer, each with its own corporate areas and unique amenities:
- The Barn at Long Lee Manor – Accommodating up to 50 people in cinema style, you can enjoy all the amenities that Long Lee Manor has to offer, including the swimming pool.
- Eagles Crag Boardroom – Our premier lodge, which includes a library and spa that can accommodate up to 18 delegates in the boardroom.
- Boardroom at Long Lee Manor – For smaller conferences, seating up to 8 people this room looks over the vast plains of the reserve.
As The Barn is our largest facility, you can have your seating arranged in a variety of styles, namely:
- U-shaped – 25 people
- Boardroom – 35 people
- School room – 35 people
- Cinema – 50 people
At R350 per person, when you book your conference or corporate event, you’re not only gaining access to 5-star amenities, but your package also includes:
- Personal stationery
- Flip charts and white boards
- Data projector and screen
- Sound System
- 2 tea and coffee breaks
Wild Team Building
Treat your delegates, employees and clients to a riveting experience by utilising some of our in-house services. We offer a host of tailor-made activities such as:
- Ranger Presentation – One of our dedicated and passionate guides can also deliver a talk on their areas of expertise. Each of our guides has their own fields of interest, therefore you can arrange to have more than just one presentation.
- Potjie Cook Off – Teams compete to deliver the best tasting potjie – a much loved traditional South African dish. The entire challenge involves making the fire, prepping and cooking the dish and most importantly, teamwork. The results are then served as dinner around open fires.
Give your clients or employees the safari experience of a lifetime by booking your next corporate event at Shamwari Game Reserve.
Conference and Incentives
Whether you’re looking to host delegates from high profile companies, or wanting to treat your employees, consider Shamwari Game Reserve as your next conference venue. These luxury spaces, situated amongst the vast plains of Africa, amidst natural wildlife, are available to you for events, team-building sessions and meetings.
Conference Venue Hire
Aside from being less than one hour’s drive from Port Elizabeth Airport and a malaria free zone, you’ll be treated to 5-star luxury accommodation. Delegates can expect to enjoy majestic views of nature at its finest, making it the experience of a lifetime.
Our conference rates are R350 per person, which includes:
- Boardroom facilities
- 2 coffee/ tea breaks
- Data projector and screen
- Sound System
Depending on the amount of delegates attending, we have three conference venues available to choose from:
This venue offers various seating options and can accommodate up to 50 delegates.
A Myriad of Activities
In the spirit of team building and getting to know your colleagues, Shamwari Game Reserve offers several activities, on request, when you book your conference venue:
- Guide Presentation – An opportunity to learn more about our guides and their passions.
- Potjie Cook Off – Teams compete to build a fire and cook the best potjie pot, a much loved traditional South African dish.
We also offer the following activities, all of which are subject to availability:
- Big 5 game viewing in 4×4 vehicles
- Tracking wild animals on foot
- Assisting our veterinary team
- Learning to drive a 4×4
- Shooting range – learn to handle a rifle
- Visiting the Born Free Big Cat Rescue Centre
- Wine tasting
- Botanical walks
Additionally, these are available from external providers on request for a 10% handling fee. Please note that this handling fee does not apply to the bush dinner.
Book your next conference venue or team building weekend under the African skies at Shamwari Game Reserve.
If you’re searching for a 5-star, award winning venue for hire, look no further than Shamwari Game Reserve. Nestled in the heart of the Eastern Cape, South Africa, our malaria free safari getaway aims to add an African experience to your private event.
For a 10% handling fee, you can enlist the help of our on-site wedding coordinator, who will ensure that all details are taken care of on your special day. We offer several extra services to help you on your wedding day, such as:
- Spa – Treat yourself, your wedding party or betrothed at one of our relaxation treatment facilities. Whether you want a massage, hydro bath, a dip in one of our plunge pools or a yoga session, we’re here to help you relax and indulge.
- Game Drive – On your special day, newlyweds can embark on a private, sunset game drive through the reserve. Here you can toast to your new life together with an assortment of drinks and snacks provided.
- Cake – We offer a one tier wedding cake of your choice, decorated with fresh flowers to match your colour scheme. Should you request a fruit cake, or a specific recipe, a notice period of 3 months is required.
- Catering – Our superb kitchen team will cook up a feast for your special day. All you need to do is liaise with your designated coordinator to decide upon your unique menu.
- Witnesses – If you and your partner are unaccompanied, members of our friendly staff are available to sign as witnesses. Please note that if your official witnesses are not South African citizens, our representatives would need to sign for you.
We also have an extensive network of additional suppliers, which include:
- Decorators and florists
- Hair and makeup artist
If you’re looking to span your event over a few days, Shamwari Game Reserve offers 5-star, luxury accommodation at each of our lodges. Furthermore, take advantage of our on-site facilities and services, which include:
- Visiting one of our awareness and educational centres
- Taking part in a nature walk with a registered ranger
- Exploring the land on a game drive with one of our guides
- Indulging in a relaxation treatment at our Relaxation Retreats
Consider your next event to be set against the majestic African skies, amidst the Big 5. Contact Shamwari Game Reserve as your next venue hire, for a comprehensive safari experience.