An Elegant Family Homestead
At Shamwari Game Reserve, we believe in providing our guests with the full African experience. In addition to being malaria-free and under the stunning expanse of the South African sky, staying at Riverdene Family Lodge affords you optimal comfort for an unforgettable family safari.
This lodge has a welcoming ease and warmth and is a place where families are always at home and where guests become friends.
Become fully immersed in the naturally beautiful surrounds of the Eastern Cape.
Contact Shamwari Game Reserve today and book your stay in the Riverdene Family Lodge for a Family African experience.
This lodge is an elegantly warm and welcoming setting, offering all the modern amenities you would expect from 5-star accommodation.
Facilities include the following:
- Rim-flow swimming pool with shallow area for children
- Children’s supervised play room & jungle gym
- Gift boutique
- Boma overlooking The Bushmans River
- Indoor and alfresco dining facilities
- Business desk with internet access
- Wi-Fi Connection
The 9 luxury inter-leading rooms at Riverdene Lodge can accommodate a maximum of 2 adults, sharing with 1 child, subject to availability. Additionally the lodge also has:
- 6 twin/king bedded luxury suites
- 3 twin/king bedded luxury suites with an extra sleeper couch
When staying at Riverdene, you also have access to comfortable amenities such as:
- Air conditioning
- International dial telephone
- Tea and coffee making facilities
- Private patio
- Fitted international adaptors
- Private minibar
- Television, with selected satellite channels
- En-suite bathroom with separate shower
- Electronic safe
- Ceiling fan
ACTIVITIES AT SHAMWARI
to find out about all there is to do & experience at Shamwari Game Reserve.
CHECK IN & CHECK OUT TIMES
Check in is at 13h00 / Check out is by 11h00.
WHAT DO I NEED TO PACK?
As Shamwari is a malaria free area, there is no need for you to pack any preventative tablets or syrup, other than your prescription medication. However, we do highly recommend that you bring:
- Cameras, lenses and binoculars
- Light clothing for summer safaris
- Bathing suits for the pool areas
- Walking shoes
- Sunscreen and hats
- Warmer clothing for winter stays
There are gift boutiques at Shamwari where you are able to purchase some items of clothing in case you forget anything.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
When you book your stay at Shamwari Game Reserve, we want you to be as prepared as possible for your African safari holiday. Please read through our list of frequently asked questions, which we hope will help you plan for your safari adventure.
Do not hesitate to contact us if you are unsure about anything or require further information on booking procedure or for your stay
Riverdene Family Lodge
GPS co-ordinates: -33.49088, 26.04783
Click here for Google Maps Directions
For driving directions follow these instructions:
- Follow the N2 out of Port Elizabeth heading towards Grahamstown.
- Continue on the N2 until you reach a sign board for Shamwari Game Reserve and turn left towards Paterson on the R342.
- Travel 4 km up the gravel road and enter at the 1st gate for Riverdene, Bushmans River Lodge, Sarili Lodge and Born Free Julie Ward Centre.
If you get lost and need a pointer in the right direction, contact us on +27 (0) 42 203 1111.
We do offer chauffeur driven transfers at an additional fee that can be booked when you make your reservation with us
If flying in to our private landing strip, you and your party receive a free transfer to your lodge.