Tranquillity & Privacy
Tucked away in the depths of the bushveld lies the tranquil Lobengula Lodge. This private lodge experience has been designed to resemble a traditional African kraal, boasting panoramic views of the mountains and valleys. Staying here means that you also have the option to book the whole lodge exclusively.
For a private and fulfilling experience that you and your party won’t forget, consider a retreat into nature. Book your two night stay at the luxurious Lobengula Lodge at Shamwari Game Reserve
With a rustic atmosphere, complimented by modern amenities at this luxury lodge in South Africa, guests have easy access to:
- Lounge with satellite TV
- Deck lounge with fireplace
- Private swimming and plunge pools
- Relaxation Retreat
- Fitness Room
- Wi-Fi Connection
Best of all, if you’re travelling with a large group, you can book out the entire lodge, entitling you and your party to exclusive use of the amenities.
This plush area of the game reserve boasts 6 suites, each of which can accommodate 2 adults in either twin or king sized beds.
All 6 suites can sleep a maximum of 2 adults per suite.
- 1 Twin/King bedded Junior Suite with private plunge pool, lounge and fireplace
- 2 Twin/King bedded Junior Suites, each with private plunge pool
- 3 Twin/King bedded Junior Suites adjacent to the lodge pool area
Tea and coffee making facilities
Fitted international adaptors
International dial telephone
In and outdoor shower facilities
Private mini bar
ACTIVITIES AT SHAMWARI
to find out about all there is to do & experience at Shamwari Game Reserve.
CHECK IN & CHECK OUT TIMES
Check in is at 13h00 / Check out is by 11h00.
WHAT DO I NEED TO PACK?
As Shamwari is a malaria free area, there is no need for you to pack any preventative tablets or syrup, other than your prescription medication. However, we do highly recommend that you bring:
- Cameras, lenses and binoculars
- Light clothing for summer safaris
- Bathing suits for the pool areas
- Walking shoes
- Sunscreen and hats
- Warmer clothing for winter stays
There are gift boutiques at Shamwari where you are able to purchase some items of clothing in case you forget anything.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
When you book your stay at Shamwari Game Reserve, we want you to be as prepared as possible for your African safari holiday. Please read through our list of frequently asked questions, which we hope will help you plan for your safari adventure.
Do not hesitate to contact us if you are unsure about anything or require further information on booking procedure or for your stay.
GPS co-ordinates: -33.35919, 26.10791
Click here for Google Maps Directions
Step by step driving directions:
- Follow the N2 out of Port Elizabeth until you reach the N2 / N10 cross over.
- Follow the N10 to Paterson/Cradock bypassing Paterson.
- Travel for 11 km from Paterson until you reach the Alicedale turn-off.
- Turn right at the Lobengula Lodge sign board and travel for a further 12 km.
- Turn right at the Shamwari Gate and follow the sign boards to Lobengula Lodge.
If you get lost and need a pointer in the right direction, contact us on +27 (0) 42 203 1111.
We do offer chauffeur driven transfers at an additional fee that can be booked when you make your reservation with us
If flying in to our private landing strip, you and your party receive a free transfer to your lodge.