Luxury Tented Safari
At Shamwari Game Reserve, we strive to deliver a safari experience that leaves you feeling revitalised, refreshed and relaxed. And, for a safari experience with a difference, our guests can stay in the luxury tented accommodation at Bayethe Lodge.
The name for this Shamwari lodge comes from the African greeting, pronounced “By-ye-ti”. The English translation for this word is “I salute you” and is one of the warmest welcomes in the African culture in this area of the country.
For a luxurious, malaria-free experience, look no further than Bayethe Tented Lodge. This tented paradise offers guests the opportunity to immerse themselves in utter tranquillity, surrounded by the rich vegetation of this unique location that provides privacy and a feeling of seclusion with spectacular views of the African bush.
In addition to the individual tents, this lodge also offers a communal area, in which the facilities include:
- Bush Relaxation Retreat
- Gift boutique
- Central lounge area with TV
- In and outdoor dining facilities
- Outdoor deck with swimming pool
- Business Desk with Internet access
Bayethe Superior Tents
Each of the 12 detached tents can sleep a maximum of 2 adults. These superior tents have been fitted with top-quality amenities for optimum comfort, which include:
- Private plunge pool
- Private deck
- Private minibar
- Air conditioning
- Tea & coffee facilities
- Electronic safe
- Fitted international adapters
- International dial telephone
- Electric blankets
- En-suite bathrooms – 9 tents have an indoor bath and outdoor shower and 3 tents have an indoor bath and indoor shower
- Selected rooms have a private deck, hammock and a fireplace
ACTIVITIES AT SHAMWARI
to find out about all there is to do & experience at Shamwari Game Reserve.
CHECK IN & CHECK OUT TIMES
Check in is at 13h00 / Check out is by 11h00.
WHAT DO I NEED TO PACK?
As Shamwari is a malaria free area, there is no need for you to pack any preventative tablets or syrup, other than your prescription medication. However, we do highly recommend that you bring:
- Cameras, lenses and binoculars
- Light clothing for summer safaris
- Bathing suits for the pool areas
- Walking shoes
- Sunscreen and hats
- Warmer clothing for winter stays
There are gift boutiques at Shamwari where you are able to purchase some items of clothing in case you forget anything.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
When you book your stay at Shamwari Game Reserve, we want you to be as prepared as possible for your African safari holiday. Please read through our list of frequently asked questions, which we hope will help you plan for your safari adventure.
Do not hesitate to contact us if you are unsure about anything or require further information on booking procedure or for your stay
Bayethe Tented Lodge
GPS co-ordinates: -33.39989, 26.18409
Click here for Google Maps Directions
For driving directions follow these instructions:
- Follow the N2 out of Port Elizabeth heading towards Grahamstown, bypassing the R342 turn-off.
- Continue along the N2 until you reach a sign board for Eagles Crag and Bayethe on the Sidbury road.
- Turn left onto the gravel road and follow this road until you reach a T-junction.
- At the T-junction follow the sign boards right to Bayethe and left to Eagles Crag.
If you get lost and need a pointer in the right direction, contact us on +27 (0) 42 203 1111.
We do offer chauffeur driven transfers at an additional fee that can be booked when you make your reservation with us
If flying in to our private landing strip, you and your party receive a free transfer to your lodge.