Learn on Holiday
As a leader in conservation, we know how important it is to educate the future caretakers of the earth. That’s why we’ve established several awareness centres that aim to shine a light on the plight of nature and the environment. They’re a fun experience for the whole family and include:
The Born Free Foundation – A big cat rescue centre that promotes the conservation of the species and protection of their habitats.
Animal Rehabilitation Centre – A licensed facility with registered vets who care for orphaned, abandoned or injured animals, to be re-released back into the wild.
Rhino Awareness Centre – Opened in 2012, each display carries a powerful message, relaying stats and facts that emphasise the pressure that the rhino species is currently under.
Parents Take Note
At Shamwari, we also offer a delicious kids menu, which includes treats like French toast, pancakes and eggs. We want to ensure an enriching experience for moms and dads too, there are a few points that you should take note of:
- Kids under 12 must be accompanied by a parent to all of the learning centres
- All swimming activities must be supervised by a parent at all times
- Children under 4 years old are not permitted on game drives or at the Born Free rescue centres
- Pre-booked childminding services are available at an additional cost
- Shamwari is a malaria-free zone
Make lasting memories with your whole family with Shamwari Game Reserve and the Kids on Safari programme and activities.